Head of the Department of Sustainable Agriculture & Natural Resource Management and Associate Director.
Ms Niranjana Maru
A Master in Botany with Ecology special. Head of the Department of Sustainable Agriculture & Natural Resource Management and Associate Director. Her special interest and work is in alternative technology development for Sustainable Agriculture, Field-based Micro-Watershed Development, with prime focus on food and nutrition security, self-reliant farming, brining producer & consumer closer as “Prosumer”. Former Steering Committee Member of a National Organization – Organic Farming Association of India (OFAI). Co-founder, Member, National Governing Council, Participatory Guarantee System India Organic (PGS) related to development of alternative marketing system for small farmers. She has been Senior Consultant.
SPECIAL CONTRIBUTION :
- Participated and contributed papers etc in National & International Conferences and Workshops on Sustainable Agriculture, Ecology, Natural Resources, Gender Issues, Sustainable Development etc. in India and abroad.
- International Conference on “Empowering Women for Sustainable Development”.
- “Sustainable trees planted on wastelands”, in a National Workshop on Agroforesty organized by APIGR (Association for Propagation of Indigenous Genetic Resources).
- Article published in the magazine “MOVING TECHNOLOGY” on “Women Village Engineers – Training with a Difference”.
- National Council Founder Member, Participatory Guarantee System, Organic India (PGS-OI) for alternative marketing.
- Former Founder Member & National Steering Committee and Management Committee, Organic Farming Association of India (OFAI).
- Consultancy to International Development Organization for three project areas; to other organizations at State level for 9 agro-eco zones.
- Participated and presented in various Policy & Advocacy meetings at Regional-, State- & National Levels.
- A short film on CD/DVD of 70 minutes subject Sustainable Self-reliant Farming: Concept, Script, Direction.