CEO, Grant Thornton Bharat LLP
Vishesh C. Chandiok
As the Chief Executive Officer of Grant Thornton Bharat, Vishesh leads the execution of the Firm’s strategy and vision and is responsible for its operations and growth.
Vishesh is at the helm of the Firm’s relationship with some of the most dynamic private, public and multinational clients and assists them in unlocking their growth potential. He has been involved with UK and US IPOs of several Indian businesses and cross-border acquisitions by Indian companies, and has helped global multinationals succeed in India.
For over 15 years, Vishesh has been one of the most vocal promoters of the need for Indian family businesses to adopt formal governance structures and succession planning frameworks, thereby preserving business legacy.
He has been the primary advisor to the World Bank’s report, Observance of Standards and Codes (ROSC), on accounting and auditing. In collaboration with large corporates, the audit profession and regulators, the report set out the action plan on accounting and auditing for India.
Vishesh works closely with the global Grant Thornton network and its member firms. He has been associated with several global committees, including the Senior Leadership Program at SAID Business School, the University of Oxford, and in incubating Global Research and Global Delivery from India for benefit of the network. On 1 January 2016, Vishesh became the youngest member to be elected to the Global Board of Governors of Grant Thornton International Limited, the ultimate decision-making authority within the Firm.
He has been working with Grant Thornton in the UK and India for over 20 years.
Professional qualifications and memberships
• Chartered Accountant from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, UK
• Master of Science (Business and Management), University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
• Member of the Board, Chapter Education Office 2015-16 and Chapter Chair 2016-17 – Delhi Chapter, Young Presidents Organisation (YPO)
• South Asia Chair, Deal Network & Co and Chair, Family Business Network, YPO
• Northern Region Council Member, Confederation of Indian Industry and Chair, Economic Affairs and Taxation Committee
• Member, CII National Committee on Accounting Standards, Entrepreneurs’ Organisation and Advisory Board, US-India Business Council
• Independent Director, Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Amritsar